Recipe: Whole 30 Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie
Fall is definitely my favorite season. Not for the PSL, but for the sweet relief from the summer heat in Florida. We have this one day we celebrate in our house each year and it is the first day after summer where we open all the windows and the porch slider and let the cool air in. THAT is my favorite day each year. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not anti PSL. I just know that so many people wait and count down for the day when PSL season is here.
I like to drink my coffee as coffee but adore the addition of pumpkin to my smoothie any season of the year! It is so easy to use, too. I just buy organic, unsweetened canned pumpkin. Simply scoop it into an ice cube tray and freeze them solid. Once frozen you can just pop them all out and into a freezer safe bag to use whenever you need to.
Pumpkin adds depth and warmth to a basic smoothie base and the color that it lends is a subtle and beautiful orange. I particularly love this smoothie after an intense workout. The added carbohydrates and vitamins help to support my energy levels and this smoothie tastes like pumpkin pie. Hope you love it if you give it a blend!
Whole 30 Pumpkin Spiced Smoothie
- 1.5 cups W30 compliant almond milk
- 1 cup frozen, riced cauliflower
- 1/2-1 frozen banana
- 5 cubes of frozen pumpkin puree
- 1 serving of Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon frontier pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- pinch of pink salt
- 5 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Blend and tamp on high until smooth and ice cream like in texture.
- Top with granola and nut butter and spoon it up!
Share Your Thoughts