Recipe: 2-Ingredient Spicy Shrimp Sauce
Here is another super quick, crazy good recipe. Again, its a method. You can use any protein you like, any mix of vegetables you like, any jarred sauce you’ve got on hand…the world is your oyster!
We live in Jacksonville, Florida. We have access to incredible and fresh seafood. Our local shrimp are truly the best ever and we buy them when they are on sale and keep them in one pound baggies in the freezer. They have definitely come in handy as we are limiting our outings each week to minimize our family risk of getting the coronavirus. Our pantry and freezer have never been utilized as much as they have been lately.
For this recipe, that is really only 2-ingredients, you will be amazed with the flavor you achieve with a low and slow simmer. The shrimp are tender and take on all the delicious Rao’s Arrabbiata sauce. This jarred sauce is absolutely incredible. It is definitely not too spicy but leaves a nice, slow burn on your tongue after each bite.
We love to serve ours over roasted spaghetti squash or miracle fettuccine noodles. We have even eaten this dish stand alone with some roasted veggies on the side. This spicy shrimp would make a great appetizer with crusty bread, too. I am sure you can tell that we are loyal fan’s to this recipe and my hope is that if you try it you love it, as well!
2-Ingredient Spicy Shrimp Sauce
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 24 ounce jar of Rao's Arrabbiata sauce
- Add the sauce and shrimp to a large saute pan that has a fitted lid.
- Turn the heat on low and allow the sauce to come up to a simmer.
- Cook, covered, until the shrimp are cooked all the way through.
- Add shrimp onto your favorite pasta base and cover in parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Prepare to go to spicy heaven!
Share Your Thoughts