Good morning and happy Monday! I figured that there was no better way to start a Monday morning than by sharing a recipe that is currently making my coffee do a happy dance. We love nutella, do you? That hazelnut and chocolate spread is a family favorite. When I was thinking about what creamer to make this week for my mid-morning latte I was craving chocolate. My first thought was a spicy cacao creamer, which we have done and LOVED! But, I wanted to try something new and then thought, what if… soaked hazelnuts, raw cacao… blended up! NUTELLA creamer!
Yes. We did it. It worked. Outstanding addition to the morning cup of coffee (although Evan drank it over ice and gave me two very enthusiastic thumbs up!)
I hope so much that you love this recipe for a fun creamer to add to your morning coffee. If you ever have any questions, never hesitate to reach out! Have a fabulous week!
- 1 cup of raw hazelnuts (soaked overnight in plenty of water and drained)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup (depends on your preferred level of sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- pinch of pink salt
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Strain through a nut milk bag.
- Place in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.