Recipe: Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
Without a doubt, this is the recipe that I get asked about the most. An easy, incredibly versatile chicken that can top any salad, be the base to any soup, make the insides of an enchilada taste magical or be eaten alone with your favorite cracker. We have done all of the above and more with this recipe.
To quickly, go backwards, I was terrified of using my instant pot for the first time. I even sent the kids out on the porch when I had to release the pressure for fear it was going to explode in the kitchen! Now, I use it about 2-3 times a week. It makes this recipe even more accessible when you are in a pinch because it is FAST.
As with any other recipe I have been sharing, use your favorite brands of BBQ sauce. Use your favorite cut of chicken- we have used breasts and thighs and both turn out great. I think the key with any recipe is that it has to be easy right now. Something you can throw together while you are sipping your morning coffee, getting the kids breakfast or just watching Netflix.
Easy has become my new favorite way of cooking. Yes, we are eating a lot of the same meals. But, when you love them and serve them up in different ways it makes each plate feel brand new. Here is the recipe for the best. pulled. bbq. chicken. EVER!
Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (we use Primal Kitchen Foods Golden BBQ, but if you use one that is sweetened, omit the maple sweetener below)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Lakanto maple sweetener
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each: garlic powder and onion powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients except the chicken into your instant pot and mix.
- Add the chicken and coat it in the sauce mixture.
- Secure the lid of your instant pot and make sure the seal is shut.
- Cook on high pressure for 16 minutes and allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Once cooked, pull out the chicken from the sauce and shred.
- Add sauce to the shredded chicken until it is juicy, but not drowning in sauce.
- Store and use this chicken on repeat! You will be making it, again, in no time!
Share Your Thoughts