Good morning and happy Friday! I hope that you all are doing wonderful and have had the best week so far. I am so thankful that the weekend is here and that I am finally feeling a bit more like myself. One thing that has definitely helped me feel more normal after surgery was getting back in the kitchen. Cooking is such a joy and therapy for me and this spinach, artichoke and leek quiche was created this week + was incredible! I ate the entire casserole in 24-hours that is how GOOD it is.
I was asked by so many of you for the recipe and thought that taking the time to put it here to live was not a bad idea, so here we go! This quiche is out of this world and plan on making it again, soon, so Michael can try it. I promised him a piece but then ate every last bite myself. I couldn’t help it. This literally tastes like spinach and artichoke dip.
Please let me know if you give it a try and what you think- hope that you all fall in love with it just like I did!
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup cashew milk (any milk will work)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large leek, sliced thin and cleaned
- 4 cups of baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- avocado oil or olive oil spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray with avocado oil an oval oven-proof baking dish (you can use square or round, just check it periodically to be sure it is done as cooking times will vary)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the cleaned leek to the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- While that cooks, whisk up the eggs, cashew milk and herbs de provence.
- After about 5 minutes of the leek cooking, add in the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes longer and add in the spinach.
- Remove from heat as soon as the spinach is tender and just wilted.
- Cool the skillet mixture for about 10 minutes before adding it to the egg mixture.
- Lightly mix the two together and put in the baking dish.
- Top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to rest 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.