This has been a recipe that was tucked in the back of my head for a rainy day. I adored eating fluffernutter sandwiches as a kid- the marshmallow fluff and peanut butter combo could NOT be beat. To this day, it is a pairing that is right up there with my beloved PB+J.
I wanted to find a way to create all the amazing, gooey and fun aspects of the fluffernutter and put it into a delicious smoothie. I think this recipe turned out pretty darn perfect. It is always a fun task to aim at recreating a classic combo into smoothie form. You all know that smoothies are a huge part of our life and creating this one and enjoying it was such a delicious reward to the process.
If you have any other fun combos that you want me to try just let me know. I am always up for the challenge!
For this recipe, I used a new protein that I found on Amazon: Paleo Pro Aztec Vanilla .
This blends up perfectly and creates the ideal vanilla backdrop for my smoothies. I have been experimenting with some new protein powders and whole food based additions to add protein to my smoothies. It has been a helpful research project and one that has had my tastebuds very happy!
Hope that you love this recipe and if you decide to give it a try, let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-1 1/2 bananas, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower, frozen
- 1 scoop Paleo Pro Aztec Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used homemade and it was heaven!)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- handful of ice
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and tamp down until smooth.
- Add more liquid or ice based on your desired consistency.
- Top with more peanut butter.
- Enjoy the joys of a sippable fluffernutter!