Good morning and happy Wednesday! I hope that you are all having a great day today! I just finished going live on Instagram to make a smoothie with you all. It turned out SO good I had to come directly into my office to write the recipe down so that I would not forget it! This recipe has some new ingredients for me- and maybe new to you, too. The beauty of the kitchen is that it is a place to PLAY! This recipe puts the fun in FUNctional food! Yes, I am a nerd.
So, what was new in the recipe?
I watched Lee (@leefromamerica) on her Instagram share the benefits of ingesting aloe vera this week and was instantly ready to hop on that aloe wagon. Aloe is great for digestion and can repair your stomach lining. Working in health and wellness, digestion is critical. I wanted to give this a go to see if it would be something I could recommend to clients and I was super happy with the taste.
I am always adding probiotics into my diet, the kids diet and Michael’s diet. We use them all year long, but flu season is particularly important to add these immune boosters into your diet! One of my favorites and most convenient is Ora Organic: Trust Your Gut.
Another new addition to this mornings smoothie was frozen rhubarb. My dad’s aunt used to make strawberry-rhubarb pies when we were growing up. It was very nostalgic to see them in the store yesterday. They are a great calcium booster and gave a beautiful hue.
- 1 cup Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Aloe Vera (peel outer leaf and blend the inside of the aloe in a blender until smooth)
- 1/4 cup Organic Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Frozen Rhubarb
- 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Frozen, Riced Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Steamed, then Frozen Purple Sweet Potatoes
- 1 scoop Aloha Vanilla Protein
- 1 scoop Ora Organic Trust Your Gut Prebiotic + Probiotic Powder
- Pinch of Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1/2-1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. If you want to make it more thick, add a handful of ice.
I hope that you all love this smoothie recipe. I know that I can’y wait to keep on playing in the kitchen with seasonal, new ingredients to keep these smoothies delicious and fun! Have a great week and be sure to let me know what you think of this one if you make it 😉