This is one of my go-to recipes as of late. This sweet potato soup tastes like my favorite anti-inflammatory golden milk latte! Lots of seasoning, fast to pull together and can be taken in an insulated cup and sipped on the go! I love to serve this soup with a roasted vegetable like broccoli or brussel sprouts in the middle. When you see the silky texture of this soup you will want to keep it on hand every week, too!
Hoping that you all have the best week and if you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out!
Merry merry! Love,
- 3 sweet potatoes: peeled, diced and steamed or boiled until fork tender (and drain, if necessary)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 can coconut milk (can use broth, almond milk, regular milk)
- pink salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- To a large pot on medium heat add the coconut oil and onion.
- Saute until onion is translucent (about 10 minutes) and add all the seasoning to the pot.
- Stir the seasoning until they are all combined with the onion and add the can of coconut milk.
- Simmer the coconut milk in the pot for about 5-7 minutes. It will look and smell just like golden milk (which is such a fabulous anti inflammatory sipper this time of year!)
- To a high speed blender add the steamed sweet potatoes and the golden milk/onion mixture.
- Blend on high until silky and smooth.
- Return to the pot and check for seasoning.
- Warm until ready to serve.