It has been fun playing around with different smoothie recipes over the summer. Now that school is back in session, I find myself leaning more and more towards finding ways to boost my immunity and reduce inflammation at every meal. Flu season is no-joke and my kids have been back at school for one week and already have the sniffles. This smoothie was created after a crazy, sweaty Peloton ride (I will have to do a whole other post on this bike- it is a game changer!) while my littles had runny noses. Every dish I create usually has a story associated to it, and this one resembles my very strong desire to sip delicious smoothies and not get sick!
This smoothie tastes like a warm, slightly spicy peanut butter milk shake. I adore the flavors, but as with any recipe, take out the parts that don’t work for you and add things that do! No recipe is set in stone they are all fluid and can be adjusted to fit YOU!
anti-inflammatory turmeric & peanut butter smoothie
makes 1 large or 2 small smoothies
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup nut milk (I used Califia Farms Toasted Coconut Milk)
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein
- 1 tbsp. each:
- acacia fiber (great to boost digestion)
- golden flax (omega 3 fatty acids and fiber)
- peanut butter (because it makes everything better!)
- 1 tsp. each:
- turmeric (anti-inflammatory food)
- maca powder (hormone balancing)
- pure vanilla
- 1 capsule Silverfern Brand Probiotic + Prebiotic
- you don’t taste this at all, but it provides incredible immune support
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 1 cup riced cauliflower, frozen
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup zucchini, steamed & frozen
- himalayan pink salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper (enhances bioavailability of turmeric- its like a happy marriage- one makes the other better!)
Blend in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy. Pour in your favorite cup, add a straw and sip away the germs and sickness!
This is one of my all time favorite smoothie recipes. Not only is it delicious (don’t be scared of the pepper, I promise its worth a try!), but it has 29 grams of protein. This is ideal after a great workout or as a breakfast on the go.
If you make this, let me know what you think. I hope that you absolutely adore! Hope that you have such a great rest of the day!