Good morning and happy Saturday!
You all have asked, and I am listening. I am going to work on getting you our weekly dinner menu plan. I use a blend of recipes from cookbooks, the internet and my brain and will try to translate them onto here for you to use. Menu planning for us is all about the week ahead, the season we are in and (to be honest) what I feel like cooking and eating 😉
Here are the meals for dinner that we have lined up for this week:
- We love this quick and easy pasta dish- kids adore it and so do we. I plan on serving this with a lacinato kale salad with tahini, lemon and turmeric drizzle. Anytime we eat a pasta dish for dinner, I pair it with a big salad. My goal is to fill at least half my plate with veggies at each meal to get lots of nutrients and fiber.
- Also, this cookbook is amazing. Such wonderful recipes that are easy to make during the week.
Sunday: We are going out to celebrate our 13th anniversary to St. Augustine xx
- We are going to do this with a big greek salad, pita’s and hummus. Evan tried pitas for the first time at school this past week and am happy to make something for dinner where he can have them at home, too.
- I need to cook something in the slow cooker Tuesday because that is a very busy work day. This chili is perfect and I am going to reduce the heat a bit for the kids. I am serving it with siete cheese quesadillas for the kids and Michael and I will have scallions, cilantro and avocado on top of ours.
- Can’t wait to make these burgers, again. They are SO easy! I am going to use my new air fryer to make sweet potato fries and will also make a spinach salad for us to share. Thinking about making a quickie guacamole for on top- just depends on how our avocados look!
- We will serve this in lettuce cups and will likely be a fend night for the kids. They are not big on curried flavor yet- though I keep trying!
- Buy this cookbook if you don’t already own it. Hands down my go-to when I need kitchen inspiration.
- We have had a pretty consistent Friday night pizza routine since school started and we love it. Michael and I will use whatever we have leftover on top of the pizza and we usually order up a small pizza for the kids from their favorite neighborhood pizza parlor. Friday’s are such a great night for us to unwind and pizzas are the perfect compliment to our Friday vibe.
I know that this post is far from perfect or beautiful, but really wanted to get you all this information. If you ever have any questions about how we plan, what we eat or need any guidance just know I am always available. Wishing you all the most gorgeous Saturday morning!